CNSC Participant Funding Program decision – Formalized CNSC staff meetings with the Métis Nation of Ontario under the Métis Nation of Ontario–CNSC Terms of Reference from April 2021 to March 2022
The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) has offered funding through its Participant Funding Program to assist the Métis Nation of Ontario (MNO) in participating in formalized meetings and activities under the MNO–CNSC Terms of Reference from April 2021 to March 2022.
The information gathered from these meetings and activities will be included in relevant Commission member documents so that any valuable information gathered can be brought directly to the Commission.
The CNSC made PFP support available to:
- enhance Indigenous and stakeholder participation in the CNSC’s environmental assessment and licensing processes
- help stakeholders bring valuable information to the Commission
A funding review committee (FRC), independent of the CNSC, was established to review the funding application received by the CNSC’s PFP administrator and to make recommendations on the allocation of funding to the applicant.
The FRC members were:
- Paul Scott, retired regional director, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency, Vancouver office
- Bruce Young, retired director, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
- Steve Burgess, retired director, Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency
The FRC reviewed the PFP application received by the CNSC, requesting a total of $18,326.82.
Eligibility and funding criteria
For more information on participant funding and how it works, including details on eligibility and funding criteria, please read the PFP guide.
CNSC participant funding decision
The CNSC carefully considered the FRC’s recommendation on the allocation of participant funding to assist the MNO in participating in formalized meetings and activities under the MNO–CNSC Terms of Reference and approved the reimbursement of up to $18,326.82.
|Applicant||Maximum amount of available funding|
|Métis Nation of Ontario||$18,326.82|
Participant Funding Program Administrator, CNSC
- Date modified: