CNSC Participant Funding Program decision – Manitoba Métis Federation rights impact assessment for Canadian Nuclear Laboratories’ proposed project for in situ decommissioning of Whiteshell Reactor #1
The Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) has offered funding under its Participant Funding Program (PFP) for general matters of regulatory interest to the Manitoba Métis Federation to conduct a rights impact assessment in relation to Canadian Nuclear Laboratories’ proposed project for in situ decommissioning of Whiteshell Reactor #1.
The information gathered will be included in the relevant Commission member document and presented directly to the Commission.
The CNSC made PFP support available to:
- enhance Indigenous and stakeholder participation in the CNSC’s environmental assessment and licensing processes
- help Indigenous peoples, the public and stakeholders bring valuable information to the Commission
A funding review committee (FRC), independent from the CNSC, was established to review the funding application received by the CNSC’s PFP administrator and to make recommendations on the allocation of funding to the applicant.
The FRC members were:
- Paul Scott, retired regional director of the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency’s Vancouver office
- Bruce Young, retired Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency director
- Steve Burgess, retired Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency director
The FRC reviewed the PFP application received by the CNSC.
Eligibility and funding criteria
For more information on participant funding and how it works, including details on eligibility and funding criteria, please read the PFP guide.
CNSC participant funding decision
The CNSC carefully considered the FRC’s recommendation on the allocation of participant funding for the Manitoba Métis Federation and approved the reimbursement of up to $35,000.
|Applicant||Maximum amount of available funding|
|Manitoba Métis Federation||$35,000|
Participant Funding Program Administrator, CNSC
Tel.: 613-415-2814 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Date modified: