Nordion (Canada) Inc.
Nordion (Canada) Inc. is a health science company that owns and is licensed to operate this nuclear substance processing facility, located in Ottawa, Ontario. The facility manufactures sealed radiation sources used in cancer therapy and irradiation technologies (gamma technologies).
Photo credit: Nordion / Canadian Aerial Photo Corporation – reuse or reproduction of this image requires written authorization from Nordion.
|Licensee:||Nordion (Canada) Inc.|
|Owner:||Nordion (Canada) Inc.|
|Licence issued:||November 1, 2015|
|Licence expires:||October 31, 2025|
|Start of operation:||1946|
|Licensing documentation:||Request a copy of Nordion (Canada) Inc.’s licence and licence conditions handbook by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Facility website:||Nordion (Canada) Inc.|
The Commission is an independent administrative tribunal set up at arm's length from government, without ties to the nuclear industry. Use the links below to find documents related to Commission meetings or hearings.
- July 21, 2022 - Notice of Hearing in Writing - Nordion (Canada) Inc. - Application for requesting acceptance of a revised preliminary decommissioning plan and financial guarantee
The CNSC posts regulatory enforcement actions taken to protect the health, safety and security of Canadians and the environment. Use the links below to find out more about any orders or penalties that have been placed on this licensee, if any.
No recent regulatory actions
Licensees must report events and incidents involving licensed activities that could impact the health, safety and security of Canadians and the environment to the CNSC. Use the links below to find any information provided by this licensee, if any, as well as other public disclosures made by licensees.
- Nordion Canada Inc.'s public disclosure protocol and annual compliance reports
- Regulatory oversight report for uranium and nuclear processing facilities in Canada
Protecting Canadians and the environment
The CNSC uses information provided by licensees to create our own reports assessing the environmental effects of nuclear facilities or licensed activities.
- Environmental monitoring: Independent environmental monitoring results collected by the CNSC
- Nordion’s environmental management
- Environmental risk assessment: Email email@example.com to request a copy
- Federal, provincial and municipal monitoring programs: List of monitoring programs managed by other levels of government
- Radionuclide releases: Nuclear Processing Facilities dataset in the Open Government catalogue for information on releases from this facility
Health and safety
The CNSC oversees licensee emergency planning and works with other levels of government to ensure the health and safety of Canadians. We also conduct and review health studies on various areas associated with the production, possession or use of nuclear substances.
CNSC health studies on Canadian nuclear facilities: Relevant health studies of CNSC-regulated nuclear reactors
- Date modified: