Forward regulatory plan
The forward regulatory plan is a public list, with descriptions, of planned or anticipated regulatory changes (regulatory initiatives) that the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission (CNSC) intends to propose or finalize within a 2-year period.
It may also include regulatory initiatives that are expected to be brought forward over a longer time frame. These are designated as long-term initiatives.
Some of the initiatives in this plan may be linked to the regulatory stock review plan, our multi-year plan to review existing regulations.
Forward regulatory plans help individual Canadians, Indigenous Nations and communities, businesses and trading partners plan for:
- opportunities to provide feedback during regulatory development
- future regulatory changes
The forward regulatory plan briefly describes each regulatory initiative and identifies:
- who may be affected by a regulatory initiative
- regulatory cooperation efforts undertaken or planned
- opportunities for public consultation
- links to related information or analysis
- departmental contact information
The forward regulatory plan will be updated over time to reflect:
- progress in regulatory development
- changes to our regulatory priorities or our operating environment
Consult our acts and regulations page for:
- a list of the acts and regulations that we administer
- further information on our implementation of government-wide regulatory management initiatives
Consult the following for information on supporting policies and government-wide regulatory initiatives:
- Date modified: