Document History of RD-346 Site Evaluation for New Nuclear Power Plants
Current status: Published November 2008
- November 2008: RD-346 published. View Information Bulletin 08-08 for more information.
- June 2008: RD-346 presented to the Commission for final approval. Read the meeting transcript, meeting minutes, and decisions taken at the meeting for additional details.
- February 2008: Second consultation. Invitation to comment on the draft document was posted on the CNSC Web site for a 30-day period.
- November 2007: Public information session. Given the importance and complexity of the subject matter contained in this document, public information session was held in Toronto.
- October 2007: First consultation. Invitation to comment on the draft document was posted on the CNSC Web site for a 90-day period. View Information bulletin 07-10 for more information.
RD-346 sets out the expectations of the Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission with respect to the evaluation of sites for new nuclear power plants before an application is made for a Licence to Prepare Site, and before an environmental assessment is initiated.
Relevant laws and regulations
- Nuclear Safety and Control Act
- Class I Nuclear Facilities Regulations
- Canadian Environmental Assessment Act
For questions or information directly related to RD-346, please contact:
Directorate of Regulatory Improvement and Major Projects Management
Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
P.O. Box 1046, Station B