Document History of REGDOC-2.12.3, Security of Nuclear Substances: Sealed Sources
Published in May 2013.
- May 30, 2013: REGDOC-2.12.3, Security of Nuclear Substances: Sealed Sources published. View News Release 13-17 for more information. Also, see the consultation report and the comments received from public consultation (note that comments are posted and answered in the language in which they were submitted).
- April 2013: Document name changed from RD/GD 338, Security Measures for Sealed Sources to REGDOC-2.12.3, Security of Nuclear Substances: Sealed Sources
- August 2, 2012: View feedback provided on the comments.
- July 19, 2012: Period for providing feedback on the comments received has closed.
- June 27 to July 19, 2012: Invitation to provide feedback on the comments received during consultation is open for 15 business days. View comments received during consultation and invitation to provide feedback on these comments. Note that the comments are posted in the language in which they were received.
- June 8, 2012: Consultation has ended.
- April 10, 2012: Consultation period is extended to June 8, 2012.
- March 21 to May 23, 2012: An invitation to comment on the draft document is posted on the CNSC Web site for a 60-day period. Read Information Bulletin 12-12 for additional details.
REGDOC-2.12.3, Security of Nuclear Substances: Sealed Sources sets out the minimum security measures required to prevent the loss, sabotage, illegal use, illegal possession, or illegal removal of sealed sources while they are in storage at the site of a licensed activity, in transport or being stored during transportation. This document includes measures for both technical and administrative physical security. It also sets out the minimum security measures that a licensee must ensure a carrier of sealed sources meets. This document also provides information and guidance on how to meet the security requirements. Read the frequently asked questions for additional information.
Note: During consultation, this document was identified as RD/GD-338. The CNSC is modernizing the nomenclature for its regulatory documents, and this document is now identified as REGDOC-2.12.3, Security of Nuclear Substances: Sealed Sources.
- General Nuclear Safety and Control Regulations
- Nuclear Substances and Radiation Devices Regulations
- Packaging and Transport of Nuclear Substances Regulations
For questions and information related to REGDOC-2.12.3, Security of Nuclear Substances: Sealed Sources, please contact:
Directorate of Security and Safeguards
Ottawa, Ontario, Canada K1P 5S9
Telephone: 1-800-668-5284 (Canada only)
- Date modified: